Caltrans Architectural and Engineering Contract Information
Welcome to the Caltrans Architectural and Engineering (A&E) Contracts web page. This page offers links to documents and other information to assist consultants.
Would you like to be informed of updates to our website by email? Subscribe to our email notification service.
Caltrans Audits & Investigation's A&E Indirect Cost Rate and Contract Audit Review Sessions
Click on link to Caltrans Audits and Investigation's website for flyers and registration forms.
AASHTO'S AUDIT GUIDE
The Department adopted regulations establishing procedures for selection of private architects and engineers. The text of these regulations can be found via the following link under Title 21, Public Works; Division 2, Department of Transportation; Chapter 12, Selection Process for Private Architectural and Engineering Firms.
A&E Look Ahead Report (Updated 12/05/13)
- Instructions to View/Search Caltrans A&E Contracts Advertisements (Updated 2/25/11)
- Bidders list will be posted on BidSync at least once during the solicitation process. Caltrans advises that prospective consultants periodically check Bidsync for modifications to solicitation documents. Caltrans is not responsible for a prospective consultant’s misunderstanding of the solicitation or nonresponsive submittal due to failure to check BidSync for updates or addenda to solicitation documents and/or other information regarding the solicitations. Failure to periodically check these websites will be at the consultant’s sole risk.
- A&E DBE/SB/DVBE Commitment for Awarded Contracts FY 13/14 (Updated 12/05/13)
- District 8 Outreach--December 19, 2013--Project Management **Postponed--to be rescheduled in January 2014**
- District 53 Outreach--October 17, 2013--Independent Cost Estimating
- District 59 Outreach--July 31, 2013--Structure Construction
- District 4 Outreach--June 18, 2013--Surveying
- District 4 Outreach--February 20, 2013--Water Quality
DISTRICT/REGION CALMENTOR SITES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ'S)
- A&E Consultant Process Flow Chart 2007 (MS Word Document)
- Consultant Accounting and Audit Guidelines
Important information you need to know if your firm is being audited.
- Travel Guidelines for Consultants
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
- Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest Form for On-call A&E
- Conflict of Interest Rules for Former Employees (Revised 4/5/13)
- Statement of Qualifications Submittal Instructions and General Contract Process Information (Rev. 11/08/13) PDF
- SOQ Responsiveness Checklist (Rev. 9/30/09) PDF
- Statement of Qualification - Initial Evaluation, ADM 2027 (Rev. 10/12/12)
- Statement of Qualification - Initial Evaluation--CONSENSUS, ADM 2027 (Rev. 10/12/12)
- Interview - Final Evaluation - Presentation and Interview, ADM 2028a (Rev. 10/12/12)
- Interview - Final Evaluation - Presentation and Interview--CONSENSUS, ADM 2028a (Rev. 10/12/12)
- Interview - Final Evaluation - Interview Only, ADM 2028b (Rev. 7/14/09)
- Interview - Final Evaluation - Interview Only--CONSENSUS, ADM 2028b (Rev. 3/14/12)
FORMS REQUIRED WITH SOQ
- ADM0227F-A&E - Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Information/Underutilized DBE (UDBE) Participation
- ADM0312F - Bidder/Proposer Underutilized Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (UDBE) Good Faith Efforts Documentation
- ADM3069 AE - Disadvantaged Business Enterprises Utilization Report (Updated 1/1/13)
SAFE HARBOR INDIRECT COST RATES (SHR)
- Caltrans Procedures for Consultants (Updated 9/13/13)
- FHWA Approval Letter to Caltrans
- Consultant Certification of Eligibility; and Contract Costs and Financial Management System (Updated 9/13/13)
- Questionnaire for Evaluating Consultant's Financial Management System (Updated 9/13/13)
COST PROPOSAL DOCUMENTS
- Documents Required Prior to Cost Negotiation Meeting (Rev. 8/15/13) PDF
- CPA Workpaper Review - Most Frequent Issues
- ADM2032 - Cost Plus Fixed Fee Cost Proposal (Updated 10/12/12)
- ADM 2033 - On Call Cost Proposal (Word 2003 format) (Updated 10/16/12)
- ADM 2033 - On Call Cost Proposal (Excel 1997 format) This cost proposal format is for construction inspection contracts and surveying contracts.
Use this format only for construction inspection and surveying contracts. Instructions are forthcoming. (Updated 10/4/12)
- ADM 2033 - On Call Cost Proposal ODC's (Excel 2003 format) (Updated 10/12/12)
- ADM 2034 - Firm Fixed Price Cost Proposal
- ADM 2035 - Milestone Cost Proposal
INVOICE FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS-(Excel 1997 Format)
- Invoice-Fixed Rate Comp (Updated 10/17/12)
- Invoice-Cost Per Unit Work (Updated 10/17/12)
- Invoice-Cost Plus Fixed Fee (Updated 10/17/12)
- Invoice-Firm Fixed Price (Updated 10/17/12)
- FFP Hours Report
- FFP Personnel List
- Contract Summary
FORMS REQUIRED FROM AWARDED CONSULTANT
Files with the "PDF" notation are in Adobe PDF format and will require the current version of the Adobe Reader to view and print the file. This is freeware and can be dowloaded and installed by clicking here.